My Rambling Random Thoughts

Just a bunch of words written down in spare moments

Links

webhome

bloghome

prototype

Archives

07.04
08.04
12.04
01.05
07.05
08.05
10.05
11.05
02.06
03.06
06.06
08.06
09.06
11.06
12.06
01.07
02.07

decoration

Sad Eyes for Afghanistan - 8.24.2005

A mother asked me to fix up a computer for her so that she could communicate wit her son in Afghanistan. Her son is an Air Force medic and I feel a bit apprehensive about helping the US military machine. If I help him communicate, it will help his morale, and if his morale is up, then he can cure more soldiers, and if more soldiers are in fighting shape, then the war machine continues to churn.

That mother worries about the danger he son is in. He's not in the military because he loves America, rather, he is in the military because he wants a career and lacks the funds and background to get training and experience in the civilian world.

The mother asked for my help and I can help her if I choose. My reasoning mind tells me that I should not cooperate, but that mother's sad eyes convinced me to help her communicate with her son.

Today I had to accept that I am an integral part of the war machine. Not only am I helping increase the morale of the American soldiers, I also I earn a salary and the taxes I pay are used for bullets, bombs, and body armor. I don't want to participate in this criminal scheme but a mother's sad eyes have drawn me in.





Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?